A. GENERAL RULES
- Staff mobility:
- Teaching periods: this activity allows HEI teaching staff or staff from enterprises to teach at a partner HEI abroad. Staff mobility for teaching can be in any subject area/academic discipline.
- training periods: this activity supports the professional development of HEI teaching and non-teaching staff in the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner HEI, or at another relevant organisation abroad. All mobilities shall end till the end of February 2018.
2. Duration of teaching activity:
- A teaching activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of teaching per week (or any shorter period of stay).
- The teaching activity is combined with a training activity during a single period abroad, the minimum number of hours of teaching per week (or any shorter period of stay) is reduced to 4 hours.
- If the mobility lasts longer than one week, the minimum number of teaching hours for an incomplete week should be proportional to the duration of that week.
3. Application procedure is open for all DU and Partner Universities’ staff who fulfill the following general criteria:
- During the mobility the participants must remain employed at the Home Institution which has signed Inter Institutional Agreement with Daugavpils University;
- Candidate can possess citizenship of any country, the affiliation to the home university shall decide about the possibility of taking part in KA107.
B. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
4. The Partner University is obliged to deliver to Daugavpils University the application documents of the qualified candidates latest till 31.10.2018
5. Applicants from Daugavpils University must submit their applications forms till 31.01.2018.
- Application Form
- Mobility Agreement for teaching / Mobility agreement for training / Learning agreement and guidlines how to fill in Learning agreement for studies
- Confirmation of the employer (home HEI) about the applicant’s employment status (note: DU employees do not need to submit this document)
- Proof of citizenship (copy of passport, ID card, or certificate of nationality)
All the documents are to be submitted in English and sent via e-mail. Daugavpils University is responsible for the selection procedure of the outgoing staff mobility participants and partner institution is responsible for the incoming staff mobility selection procedure.
6. Once the recruitment process finishes at the Partner University, the Partner University is obliged to send to Daugavpils University letter signed by the head of institution stating that candidates were selected in open, equal and transparent way.
7. The final verification and acceptance of the application form is confirmed by the Senior specialist in cooperation issues of Daugavpils University based on the submitted documents.
8. Only complete applications will be evaluated.
9. Priorities for the applicant selection
- Staff working with international relations
- Staff involved in international student recruitment, study process organization
- Staff ensuring and implementing study programmes in English
- Country specific priorities:
Tajikistan – humanities, natural sciences, pedagogy
Lesotho – teacher education and continuing education for innovation and sustainable Development (UNESCO)
Kenya – pedagogy, music & arts
Philippines – systematic biology, natural sciences, management
10. Decision about approval will be send directly to the candidate via email within 2 weeks from the conclusion of the recruitment process.
11. Grant agreement will be prepared only after selected participants will provide Travel and Health insurance and if applicable visa valid for the mobility period to the Senior specialist in cooperation issues of Daugavpils University.
12. All applicants who do not agree with the selection results have the possibility to make an appeal. The appeal should be submitted via email to the Senior specialist in cooperation issues of Daugavpils University within a week from the announcement of results to his email. Project Coordinator will make a decision and inform the applicant about it not later than 7 days after receiving the appeal.
13. The Host institution will help the participant, within its abilities, in the process of visa application. All the necessary documents will be sent directly to the participants. Final decision regarding granting a visa belongs to the Consul. Costs of visa application are covered by the participants.