Civil Security and Protection
|Programme Duration:||2,2 years|
|Programme Workload:||85 CP / 127,5 ECTS CP|
|Admission Requirements:||document certifying secondary education or professional secondary education|
|Obtainable Qualification:||specialist in police work, specialist in border guard work, specialist in penitentiary work, or specialist in organization security|
|Place of the Programme Implementation:||Daugavpils University, 13 Vienības Street, 1 Parādes Street, 1 Kandavas Street|
|Forms of the Programme Implementation:||part-time studies|
|Programme Director:||Dr. iur., Aleksandrs Matvejevs|
|Study course descriptions||Study course descriptions|
The specific aim of the programme according to its strategic goals is: to prepare qualified specialists in police work, border guard, penitentiary work or organization security.
The task of the programme according to its specific aim is as follows:
to provide the content of study courses and the practical placement in compliance with the basic demands of the obtainable professional qualification and specific demands that are necessary for completing the tasks and professional duties of the respective profession according to professional standards – police officer of the middle commanders (subaltern) (PS 0118), border guard subaltern (18.05.2010. regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 461, appendix 2), prison inspector (11.07.2006. regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No.569) or security officer (PS 0151) as well as to the respective European qualification framework structure level of knowledge, skills, and competence (02.12.2008. regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No.990).
As a result of the programme’s acquisition, the graduate will acquire and be able to demonstrate:
- Students demonstrate well-rounded knowledge of facts, theories and regularities that are necessary for personal growth and development, civic participation, social integration and further education;
- Students are able to understand in detail and demonstrate knowledge of specific facts, principles, processes and notions in a certain sphere of learning or professional action in Standard and non-standard situations;
- Have a command of technologies and methods of completing tasks of learning or professional duties.
- Students can plan and organize their work, apply various methods and technologies (including IT and communication technologies), equipment, instruments and materials for completing tasks.
- They can find, assess and creatively use information to complete academic or professional tasks and problems.
- They can communicate at least in two languages in written and oral form both in a familiar and unfamiliar context.
- They can work independently in their profession, learn and improve their qualification. They are capable of cooperation.
- Students are motivated for career development, further education, lifelong education in knowledge based, democratic, multi-lingual and multicultural society in Europe and in the world.
- Students can plan and carry out academic and professional tasks individually and in groups or teamwork.
- They can assume responsibility for the quality and quantity of their academic and professional actions.