Philology (Russian Philology)
|Programme Duration:||3 years|
|Programme Workload:||120 CP / 180 ECTS CP|
|Admission Requirements:||document certifying secondary education|
|Obtainable Degree:||Bachelor of Arts in Philology (Russian Philology)|
|Place of the Programme Implementation:||Daugavpils University, 13 Vienības Street|
|Forms of the Programme Implementation:||full-time studies|
|Programme Director:||Assistant, Dr.philol. Inna Dvorecka|
|Study course descriptions||Study course descriptions|
The programme anticipates learning English, Swedish, French, Polish, German, Latvian or Spanish as a second language
The aim of the academic bachelor’s study programme is to provide students with theoretical knowledge and research skills and competence acquisition in philology (in Russian philology).
The main tasks of the study programme are:
- To give theoretical basis of knowledge in linguistics and literary science sector, to form students’ philological competence;
- To develop the ability to collect and analyze relevant data in the one’s field of study, to make conclusions, which are very important in scientific work; such skills and abilities are also necessary to elaborate and defence bachelor’s thesis in philology;
- To develop the ability to present information, ideas and solutions both to specialist and non specialist audience;
- To develop students’ independent cognitive and research skills, preparing students for further studies in master or professional programmes;
- To develop intercultural communication skills;
- To prepare academically educated specialists in philology, which would be able to compete in academic and professional environment in Latvia or abroad.
As a result of the programme’s acquisition, the graduate will acquire and be able to demonstrate:
Students are able to:
- show the specific basics and specialized knowledge, and critical understanding of this knowledge in philology; furthermore the part of knowledge correspond to the highest level of achievement of philology.
- show the main understanding of concepts and regularity of philology.
- using the learned theoretical fundamentals and skills for innovative or research activities, to formulate and analytically describe the information, problems and solutions of philology sciences, to explain and argue about its with both specialists and non – specialists;
- able to structure one’s own learning, to move forward one’s further learning and professional development, to show the scientific approach in solving the problems, to take responsibility and initiative in carrying out the work of an individual, team, or managing the work of others, to take decisions and find creative solutions to change circumstances.
Students are able to:
- get independently, select and analyze information and use it, to make decisions and solve problems of philology sector;
- evaluate one’s professional activities impact on the environment and society.