|Programme Duration:||2 years *
2.5 years – full-time studies
2,5 years – part-time studies
|Programme Workload:||100 CP / 150 ECTS|
|Admission Requirements:||Bachelor’s degree (in the respective branch of Natural Sciences or Humanities, or art) or
the 2nd level higher professional (or the equivalent) education in the respective field of Natural Sciences or Humanities
|Obtainable Qualification||The 5th level professional qualification, a secondary education teacher specializing in one of the following branches:
|Obtainable Degree:||Professional Master’s Degree in Education|
|Place of the Programme Implementation:||Daugavpils University, 1 Parādes Street, 13 Vienības Street, 1/3 Saules Street|
|Forms of the Programme Implementation:||full-time studies, part-time studies|
|Programme Director:||Dr. paed., Senior Researcher Eridiana Oļehnoviča|
The aim of the study programme is: to provide professional master studies in teachers’ education that would meet the economic and social needs of the state and contribute to the development of students’ scientific research activities and professional competence.
Tasks of the study programme are:
- to provide professional studies rooted in the theoretical foundations of the branch science, complying with the standards of profession and applicable to practice;
- to train the 5th level professional qualification specialists in teacher education and give the students an opportunity to acquire the qualification of a secondary education teacher in two subjects, thus promoting their competitiveness in the changing social and economic conditions;
- to ensure the acquisition of knowledge specific of the selected branch as well as the development of the needed skills, thus promoting the development of new models or perfecting the existing education models and preparing students for creative, research and pedagogical work in the branch.
As a result of the programme’s acquisition, the graduate will acquire and be able to demonstrate:
- Documents and labour legislation regulating state system of education and teachers’ activities (RL and EU laws, documents and normative acts); Protection of children’s rights;
- Pedagogy and psychology;
- Science branch of the respective subject;
- Language and communication;
- Social sciences;
- Healthy lifestyle.
Common skills in the branch:
- skills to plan one’s own and pupils’ work,
- skills to organize study and educational work in conformity with the set aims and tasks,
- skills to evaluate and promote pupils’ development and achievements in studies, to evaluate effectiveness of one’s own work;
Specific skills of the profession (for a general secondary education teacher);
- skills to create opportunities for pupils’ independent activities,
- skills to motivate pupils for life-long learning and informed choice of a career,
- skills to manage pupils’ research,
* skills to encourage pupils to independently evaluate problems and solve them.
- ability to apply the acquired knowledge of theory of pedagogy and of methodology of teaching subjects to organizing and managing the contemporary study process;
- ability to take decisions in order to carry out and plan academic and professional tasks in the contemporary global and changeable world;
- ability to employ possibilities offered by the contemporary IKT for ensuring and achieving one’s professional and research aims;
- ability to be competitive in the labour market by offering one’s knowledge and skills.